Saturday, September 05, 2009

Zombie health care


The people that are perpetuating these fabrications don't want to admit who the real zombies are ... themselves. It's an echo chamber with the Grover Norquists of the world at the top, with the Frank Luntz's as framers of the message, and Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh as the snake-oil salesmen.

I know every generation thinks that it was better before when they were younger, that there is a reduction in civility in the current generation. Maybe I'm getting old, but I'm starting to think that now also. I hope I'm wrong.

The very technology that I'm trying to embrace (Facebook, blogging, Twitter, smartphones) is also the technology that is enabling astro-turfing and manufactured discontent. I mean, this indignation about Obama's speech to children this week is the most ludicrous thing I've ever heard. Every President that has ever existed has spoken to students and told them the virtues of staying in schools and setting goals. If I have one person come up to me, e-mail me, or post something on their Facebook page about boycotting the speech, I swear I'm going to go Evil Dead on their ass because I will be convinced they are the very incarnation of the walking dead.

"But I don't care darling, because I love you, and you've got to let me eat your brains." -- Return of the Living Dead



3 comments:

CyberKitten said...

Strange Daze indeed.....

wstachour said...

These morons are beneath contempt. It's the keyboard courage and mental sewage of the anonymous internet brought to the flesh, a crass manipulation of the stupid and angry of our culture for political and monetary gain.

Rush Limbaugh has made zillions on the foaming hatred of the white man; and he's encouraged the ignorance from which the hatred (and, hence, his paycheck) comes.

He's a scavenger who has learned that if he kills it himself he'll have more to scavenge.

dbackdad said...

Isn't it funny how the townhall mentality seeped into Obama's speech? Rep. Joe Wilson truly showed how much of an ass he is and what the Right has become.