Saturday, September 06, 2008

Mr. Cheery

You know ... it's not all doom and gloom with me. Politics is only one of my interests, albeit a depressing one sometimes. But there are many things that inspire me:

Good music - I just watched the fantastic concert movie, Pearl Jam: Immagine in Cornice, tonight. It was shot at several dates in Italy in 2006. Pearl Jam and Eddie Vedder continue to impress me by not selling out, by having something to say, and, above all, for making great music for over 15 years.

Friends - Those across town (E & J) who we don't see as often as we should because we are old, boring and busy. But when we do see them, it's as though no time has passed.
- And those across the planet who, with your blogs, make me think, make me laugh, and have helped me to find a voice. (Laura, CK, JA, Wunelle, SP, and yes, even you, Scott)

And above all else, family - Seeing life unfold through the prism of a 7 year old is a joy and a learning experience for me. Everything I do, work or personal, must ultimately pass the test of whether it makes my wife and son proud of me. Today was a great day for family. It was a busy, fun, Saturday. It started with a museum, continued with some good food and ended with a college football game. Check out some pics here or by clicking the picture:



4 comments:

CyberKitten said...

The museum looks pretty cool. Over here access is free.... except to special exhibitions [grin]

dbackdad said...

Museums for the "common good"? What a novel concept. Unfortunately, the concepts of public works and common good have been largely lost over here.

Unknown said...

I lived near washington DC as a kid for some time and was spoiled by the always free Smithsonian.

CyberKitten said...

dbackdad said: Museums for the "common good"? What a novel concept. Unfortunately, the concepts of public works and common good have been largely lost over here.

When I worked in London it was great just 'popping in' a museum or art gallery on my way home from work. It certainly helped after a hard day at the office...