Friday, March 11, 2005

McCain

Let me preface this by saying that I've always liked John McCain. Even though I'm a registered Democrat, I've voted for him twice. I've always believed that he was a straight shooter and had the interests of Arizonans in mind. But something has happened over the last year. He has completely become a shill for the Republican party. He's parroting Republican talking points on TV talk shows and kissing up to a politician that assasinated his character in the presidential primaries.

The latest example was his appearance on Hannity and Colmes (I know ... hardly a bastion of enlightened thought). He had the audacity to say, "And I would remind you that countries like Sweden, Chile, England, others, all have personal savings accounts. And they have all been very successful." He was so completely talking out of his ass. He doesn't even care any more. He'll spout any unresearched, Republican talking point garbage that an aide will put in his hands.

Whatever integrity he still had has been lost. I won't make the mistake of buying anything that this man says any more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I figured out McCain earlier. I didn't vote for him in the last election for that very reason. By all rights he should hate Bush, and yet he helped him get elected.