Saturday, March 19, 2005

Skyscraper Challenge

This was forwarded from my friend Christine. I strongly encourage you to donate:

  • "I have a friend who is doing the Big Climb for Leukemia in Seattle (climbing the 70-flight Bank of America building - the tallest building west of the Mississippi). This benefits the Leukemia and Lymphoma society, which is one of my pet charities. Those of you who went to Aaron's and my wedding may remember him: he was the tall Egyptian-looking guy. In fact, 6 months before my wedding both our mothers were diagnosed with the same kind of cancer (even the samy type and class) and underwent the same exact treatment. My mother will be officially cancer-free this summer as she hits the 5 year mark; Derek's mom died three years ago from the cancer. So, cancer fundraisers are pretty near and dear to both of us, and I am sure may be to some of you as well.

    So, if any of you are looking for a good place to start your 2005 charitable donations, here is a fun one for a good cause. Personally, I think there should be a bonus option where you donate more if they puke at the top...

    Here is the link to donate. This is handled directly through the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and they issue the receipt. There is a picture of Derek on this page, so be warned. He looks kind of evil, but he is really a nice guy (he is from Prescott after all). He is an artist for Warner Bros. and works on video games. If you know anyone else who may wish to donate, feel free to pass this along."

    Derek Chatwood's Vertigo Challenge

No comments: