Sunday, April 13, 2008

Theater of the Mind

"Radio is the theater of the mind; television is the theater of the mindless" -- Steve Allen


Today was a good day to be a progressive.

My drive-by radio debut went off without a hitch. Attesting to the fact that I was basically terrified about being on the radio and that it was just an hour show, I didn't interject too often. But I did get in a blurb about my business and a jab at Sheriff Joe.


The show hit several topics including Katrina, uranium mining in the Grand Canyon and alternative energy, had a great guest, Eric Magnusson of Environment Arizona and knowledgeable callers. The podcast of the show will be up tomorrow morning at:

Unreported News in KPHX 1480. Look for the 4/13/08 show under free audio downloads.

For a little more about the host, Herb "Sarge" Phelps, see an interview with him on Channel 12:

Sarge on Channel 12 or check out his show blog or personal blog at Sarge of Unreported News Network

While I was on-the-air, the missus and kid were doing their part at The Glendale Family Bike Ride. It was a ride that focused on recycling and alternative energy and had booths set up from many local groups and organizations. I would have loved to join them, but it was impossible to be at two places at once.

3 comments:

Laura said...

You damn longhaired hippies! It's an interesting show.

dbackdad said...

Wow. I have to give you some credit for listening to the whole thing. I actually only spoke 3 times: once to thank him for introducing me, once to say something about Sheriff Joe and for about a minute talking about my business.

If I ever get invited again, I'll try and be more vocal.

Laura said...

Well, I admit I didn't listen to the *whole* thing. I heard the Sherrif Joe part, and a bit about the Uranium mining and then had to go to a meeting. But it is an interesting show