Sunday, November 13, 2005

Survey

On Laura of Sarchasm's cue, I'm doing this silly survey. Feel free to continue the chain if you're up to it.

1. What color are your kitchen plates? White w/ silly flowers (I think)

2. What book(s) are you reading now? The Truth (w/ Jokes)(Al Franken), God's Politics(Jim Wallis)

3. What or who is on your mouse pad? no mousepad

4. What's your favorite board game? Trivial Pursuit

5. Favorite magazine? Mother Jones, Rolling Stone

6. Baked Goods? Brownies, Strawberry/Rhubarb Cobbler

7. Least favorite smell? street tar

8. What's the first thing you think of in the morning? Shit, gotta go to work

9. Favorite color?(s) green, brown

10. Least favorite color? chartreuse

11. How many rings before you answer the phone? Depends on who's calling

12. Future children's names? Haven't thought about

14. What is your sign and birthday? Aries, Apr 2

15. Do you eat the stems of broccoli? yes

16. If you could have any job what would it be? writer

17. If you could have any color hair what would it be? I'm cool with brown

18. Is the glass half full or half empty? half full

19. Favorite movie? La Vita e Bella, Shawshank Redemption, Schindler's List, This is Spinal Tap

20. Do you type with the right fingers on the keys? Yes

21. What's under your bed? books

22. What is your favorite number? 3

23. What is your single biggest fear? James Dobson

24. Person(s) most likely to respond? GWB, Cyberkitten

25. Who is least likely to respond? nobody, you're all fairly game for these type of things

26. Favorite CD? Police's Synchronicity, Peter Gabriel's So, Jane's Addition's Nothing's Shocking, Faith No More's Angel Dust

27. Favorite TV show? Alias, CSI, any cooking show

28. Ketchup or mustard? ketchup, but I usually take mustard because it has less sugar (sad, I know)

29. Hamburgers or Hot dogs? Hamburger

30. Favorite soft drink? diet Dr. Pepper

31. The best place you have ever been? Monument Valley

32. The most amazing sight? standing at the base of any of the "monuments" in Monument Valley

33. What screen saver is on your computer right now? Windows default

34. FAVORITE BURGER: Blue cheese burger at Island's

35. Favorite pet? Duchess, my pug

13 comments:

greatwhitebear said...

okay, I'll bite and post my answers on my blog in the next couple of days. But for a preview...

Favorite albums: Harry Chapin's GREATEST STORIES LIVE, Biily Joel's SONGS IN THE ATTIC, Nanci Griffith's LONE STAR STATE OF MIND, James Mc Murtry's TOO LONG IN THE WASTELAND, Grateful Dead's IN THE DARK, Green Days AMERICAN IDIOT

Best place I've ever been: Tie between Little Vermillion Lake in northwest Ontario, and any beach on Lake Michigan.

dbackdad said...

I agree on Green Day's album. I don't think a lot of people realize how much of a political album it is.

CyberKitten said...

Person(s) most likely to respond? GWB, Cyberkitten

No pressure then... (grin)

I'll post something later when I get home.

dbackdad said...

He-he. I was projecting a little bit. It read "persons most likely to respond" ... I really meant "persons whose response I most want to read".

CyberKitten said...

I really meant "persons whose response I most want to read".

DEFINITELY no pressure then... (rotflmao)

CyberKitten said...

Ok.... It's about time I took a break anyway:

1. What color are your kitchen plates? Off white with some kind of pattern around the edge.

2. What book(s) are you reading now? Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen - plus a selection of non-fiction next to my bed.

3. What or who is on your mouse pad? Nothing. Just plain blue (dark) with a wrist rest.

4. What's your favorite board game? Not big into board games, but at a push... Monopoly.

5. Favorite magazine? Only regularly buy one. SFX.

6. Baked Goods? I LOVE biscuits - but not chocolate ones.

7. Least favorite smell? Cigarette smoke.

8. What's the first thing you think of in the morning? Shit, gotta go to work

9. Favorite color?(s) Blue... No, GREEN.. Arhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

10. Least favorite color? Pink... No, YELLOW.... Arhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

11. How many rings before you answer the phone? Depends how far away I am & what I'm doing.

12. Future children's names? Not sure - but I can only really think of girls names for some reason.

14. What is your sign and birthday? Aries. April 7th.

15. Do you eat the stems of broccoli? Definitely. Yummy.

16. If you could have any job what would it be? Full time author.

17. If you could have any color hair what would it be? White. I've always had a thing for having long white hair... Oh, and a sword...

18. Is the glass half full or half empty? With me around.. usually empty. But normally half full.

19. Favorite movie? It varies. But ATM - Probably 'A Very Long Engagement'.

20. Do you type with the right fingers on the keys? Nope. I'm a two finger typist.

21. What's under your bed? Anything that I can cram under there. ATM mostly old cassettes.

22. What is your favorite number? 7

23. What is your single biggest fear? Water - though not as big as it was since I swam on the Great Barrier Reef a few years ago.

26. Favorite CD? Good question. No idea.

27. Favorite TV show? Stargate SG-1, Stargate - Atlantis, Battlestar Galactica (the new one).

28. Ketchup or mustard? Ketchup - probably because its 26% sugar.

29. Hamburgers or Hot dogs? Veggie Burger - being a Veggie.

30. Favorite soft drink? Diet Vanilla Coke.

31. The best place you have ever been? Florence, Italy. Rome was special too, oh & Capri.

32. The most amazing sight? Michelangelo's David - up close and personal. Literally breathtaking.

33. What screen saver is on your computer right now? Don't use one.

34. FAVORITE BURGER? TGI Friday Veggie Burger.

35. Favorite pet? A Cat. Though not ATM.

Sadie Lou said...

7. Least favorite smell? street tar

Isn't that the truth? It makes me choke. Second least favorite smell--skunk.

dbackdad said...

CK,

I hate to admit this (being a male), but I love Jane Austen books. I've read Emma, Pride and Prejudice, and Sense and Sensibility.

Love your Monty Python responses to the color questions.

14. - a fellow Aries, you rule

19. - I haven't seen A Very Long Engagment yet, but loved Amelie and pretty much anything from Jeunet (delicatessen, city of lost children).

27. - I'm definitely a sci-fi nut like you. Haven't watched the new Battlestar Gallactica yet but my brother loves it.

Sadie,

I hope you'll be doing the survey also?

Sadie Lou said...

Sadie,

I hope you'll be doing the survey also?


Surely. I'll do it tomorrow. :)

Isabella di Pesto said...

dbackdad,

Very impressed that you like Jane Austen. I've read all her books.

You must also like Vonnegut.

CyberKitten said...

db said: I hate to admit this (being a male), but I love Jane Austen books. I've read Emma, Pride and Prejudice, and Sense and Sensibility.

P&P is my first. It's been on my shelf for ages & as I enjoyed the recent film so much I thought I'd give it a try.

db said: Love your Monty Python responses to the color questions.

Thought you might. One of my fave bits in 'Holy Grail'

db said: I haven't seen A Very Long Engagment yet, but loved Amelie

AVLE is brilliant. Heart wrenching though - so have some hankies ready.. Audrey Tatou is amazing.

db said: I'm definitely a sci-fi nut like you. Haven't watched the new Battlestar Gallactica yet but my brother loves it.

You HAVE to see BSG. It rocks!

dbackdad said...

Isabella said, "You must also like Vonnegut"

I do, but have not read as much as I should have. Just Breakfast of Champions and Slaughterhouse-Five.

Laura said...

I dunno... street tar is pretty bad, but my dog can clear a room ;) I do like American Idiot a lot too. There's too albums & movies to list for me.