Friday, December 09, 2005

Lieberman

Democratic Sen. Joe Lieberman's comments a few days ago:

"It's time for Democrats who distrust President Bush to acknowledge he'll be commander-in-chief for three more years. We undermine the president's credibility at our nation's peril."

A perfect example of a Washington insider with no feel for what the rank-and-file Democrats of the country believe. I thought that why doesn't he just put himself out of his misery and pull a Zell Miller.

After all, the Democratic party would be better off without a pro-war weasel like him. I don't mind politicans not toeing the party line. After all, on this blog I've applauded Republican Senator Chuck Hagel for his criticisms of this administration. However, Lieberman's recent statements and support of the President are beyond the pale. Now it appears that there may have been a purpose to his ass-kissing:

Rummy exit expected; Lieberman eyed for job

Which, in my eyes, makes it even worse. He'll apparently do anything for political expediency. I'm embarrassed that I ever supported him on Gore's ticket.

2 comments:

greatwhitebear said...

Great Photo analogy!

I was never a big Lieberman fan.. this doesn't really surprise me.

Laura said...

I don't like Lieberman. He's a social conservative at the core, a moralizer, and a sell out.