Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Fox News

Watch this. This is powerful stuff. From that great bastion of honesty, Fox News, some truth accidentally leaked out. Even Sean Hannity spinning as fast as a top couldn't counter what Shepard Smith and Geraldo were seeing on the ground:


Horror Show


That is one of the most surprising things to come out of all this ... the press has found it's indignation, it's voice again. From the exchange above to Anderson Cooper's interview to an MSNBC reporter's outrage, the press can't help but be touched by what they are seeing and by what the government is not doing. The Pendulum of Reporting on Katrina

And I hate to even bring this up, but will someone PLEASE severely hurt Pat Robertson? Another nominee (along with Babs Bush) for the "Just Shut the Fuck Up" award:

Robertson claimed that, in the wake of Katrina, Roberts can "be thankful that a tragedy has brought him some good"

8 comments:

greatwhitebear said...

I think we ought to start sponsering a shut the fuck up award like the Just Shut Up awards on ESPN's Mike and Mike. Every week we nominate three people and let our readers decide!

dbackdad said...

He-he. That's exactly where my idea came from too. I'm all for it.

Isabella di Pesto said...

Well, the press has found its indignation for 15 minuutes, anyway.

I love the idea of the STFU Awards.

Can I be one of the presenters?

dbackdad said...

We would be honored. You're the closest thing to royalty we have in this rag-tag bunch of misfits.

Laura said...

Queen Isabella?

I've always wanted to be a misfit ;-)

Yeah, that's just awful.

In the words of "David St. Hubbins" in Spinal Tap: "It's too much fucking perspective"

greatwhitebear said...

canyou have too much perspective fu..er, never mind

Sadie Lou said...

I added you to my links. Now we're connected.
:)

Sadie Lou said...

oh yeah...
and I want to be on the STFU Awards academy.