Wednesday, October 12, 2005

John Muir quotes

"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks."


"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world."


"Take a course in good water and air; and in the eternal youth of Nature you may renew your own. Go quietly, alone; no harm will befall you."


"God has cared for these trees, saved them from drought, disease, avalanches, and a thousand tempests and floods. But he cannot save them from fools." -- I know ... an ironic quote from me. It's still a good quote. It's the thought that counts.



John Muir -- famed conservationist and founder of the Sierra Club

5 comments:

Sadie Lou said...

Have you ever been to Yosemite?

dbackdad said...

Unfortunately, no. I would love to go there. I know there are several John Muir memorials there. The park looks gorgeous from everything that I've ever seen.

Sadie Lou said...

I've been there twice. The hikes to all the waterfalls are amazing. Half Dome has to be the coolest rock to photograph ever! You must try to go. You'd love it. I don't live very far from it; you could visit my family should you pass by this way.

dbackdad said...

That would be awesome. I'll definitely give you a heads-up when we're in the area.

JCMasterpiece said...

"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world."

Good quote. Something that i have tried to explain many times in these debates.