Monday, April 10, 2006

A-Z Meme

Tagged by Jewish Atheist


Accent: Have moved around a bit too much to have a very pronounced one. Have lived significant amounts of time in the Pacific Northwest, Southwest and Midwest.

Booze: Like JA, a bit of a liberal elitist on beer. Prefer micro-brew pale ales and imports. Favorites being Stone IPA and Guinness. But I grew up white-trash, so I'll throw back a few Milwaukee's Beasts when visiting the folks. Trying to become a wine snob but have no real knowledge so I just buy the bottles that look cool.

Chore I hate: Not a big fan of cleaning bathrooms.

Dogs/cats: Dogs. Cats are independent uncaring bastards. :-)

Essential Electronics: Computer. DVD, decent home theater.

Favorite Perfume/Cologne: No you don't. Not going to peg me as a metrosexual.

Gold and silver: Not much for bling.

Hometown: I'd like to be clever and secretive and protective of my identity like JA, but I believe I blew that a long time ago. Live in Phoenix, grew up in Iowa.

Insomnia: Sometimes. Don't obsess about things as much as I once did.

Job Title: Computer Consultant -- have my own business

Kids: 1. Alex rules.

Living Arrangements: Own a new house in suburbia. I make myself sick sometimes.

Most Admired Trait: Thoughtful.

Number of Sexual Partners: 3. Sorry, not the stud-muffin you all thought I was.

Overnight Hospital Stays: Nope.

Phobia: Can get claustrophobic at times.

Religion: No thanks. I gave at the office.

Siblings: 1. Younger brother.

Time I usually wake up: Determined by my clients. Usually 7ish.

Unusual Talent: Interested in everything. Master of nothing. Decent at chess.

Vegetable I refuse to eat: Will pretty much eat them all.

Worst Habit: I start too many concurrent projects and then jump back and forth between them.

X-Rays: Like JA, of my chompers.

Yummy Foods I Make: Chili, Mushroom Soup.

Zodiac Sign: Aries ... but it don't mean a thing.

I tag GWB, Isabella, and Eric.

6 comments:

Eric said...

darn. I'll get to it, I've been meaning to blog anyway.

Sadie Lou said...

suburbia eh?
me too.
heh heh...I'd love to tease the hell out of you but, well--I'm going to bed.
~night!

dbackdad said...

Believe me, I'm an easy target. :-)

Anonymous said...

You eat all vegetables, even those like Terri Schiavo??? ;)

greatwhitebear said...

suburbia... grew up there, hated it. Put me right downtown or way out in the boonies please!

dbackdad said...

GWB,
I meant suburbia in the general viewpoint of most of the people, the new houses, the lack of established culture. We only live a couple of miles from downtown Glendale. But Glendale is not NYC or Chicago. They try but their idea of culture consists of antique shops and occasional jazz music on the weekends.

We moved here as a concession to the need for mobility for my business and because of it's proximity to major sports -- hockey, football (a vice of mine, I know).

If I was single, my dream house would be a loft downtown in a major city with lots of oriental rugs (another vice).