Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Arizona Chain Reaction

This is a great organization and site for letting you know the independent businesses in your own community(in Arizona) that you can shop at:

Arizona Chain Reaction

Retain chain stores takes jobs and tax revenue out of your community. I encourage all of you to find similar organizations in your state and shop locally. Knowing how most of your are, I'm probably preaching to the choir.

It's not just about keeping the money in your community. It's about getting a superior experience. Harkins Theaters and Bashas Groceries are two examples of local businesses that are every bit as good(or better) as retail chains in price and selection but offer an enhanced product.

3 comments:

Laura said...

I wish we had one of those for Chicago.

dbackdad said...

You might want to check this out for Chicago:

Local First

Laura said...

Hmmmm. Interesting. Andersonville isn't too far from me. I guess I'll have to stick with eyeballing our local storefronts for now. Lincoln Square businesses have little "Support Independent Business" stickers - it would be nice to have a book or website though. Maybe our chamber of commerce - but I don't think they distinguish businesses that way.