Saturday, August 20, 2005

Garth Brooks

I know it's a little incongruous, but I've always liked Garth Brooks. I saw him in concert and I have several of his albums. I respected his bucking Nashville. He wasn't afraid to write controversial (for country music) songs. But today I am deeply embarrassed for him:

Garth Brooks a Wal-Mart Exclusive

What a fucking sell-out! In the first place, having an exclusivity deal like this with any retailer is bogus. But it just adds insult to injury for it to be Wal-mart. Parading around the shareholders meeting in a Wal-mart blue smock? I think I'm going to be sick.

2 comments:

greatwhitebear said...

God, another sellout. I'll never listen to "Friends In Low Places" again.

Laura said...

I was never a fan, but man, that is pretty low. maybe the masses will notice, but I doubt it.